Tuesday, May 01, 2007

my latest addition


A while back I posted my metal picnic basket collection. (pictured below) WELL, Saturday morning I found another! I love the yellow handles! The green plaid lunch box on top was mine when I was a young girl. Man, that sure brings back memories! My favorite lunch box sandwiche... my Mom would use her old meat grinder to grind leftover roast beef from the night before and mix with Miracle Whip and slather between two slices of her homemade bread. OH MY GOSH is all I'm gonna say!! Anyway, love the way the two plaids look together. My newest one was found at a yard sale that I almost passed up. Have you ever done that... driven by and then your OCD kicks in (ok, so mine does) and I just HAVE to turn around! Because WHAT IF there is an awesome find awaiting me!! And guess what? THERE WAS! THIS was awaiting me! AND for only $3.00!!!

12 comments:

Becca said...

Awesome! I just made a new "carnival" for people to post links to their great finds. You inspired me...

Greg C said...

Great baskets, what a lucky find. I was raised on Miracle whip too. My dad would grind up leftovers too and mix them with MW too.

I had a recent good find. I got two matching sugar bowls made by Johann Haviland. The price was right too...Free. Sometimes I am so lucky.

Anonymous said...

Awsome. Do you use them for any spesific?

Amy said...

What lovely things, I have similar ones here and I use them all the time :-)

Betty Jo said...

What an awesome collection! I must start looking harder for one. I really need a picnic basket, and metal would be perfect. xoxo

NanAZ said...

I love the plaid. I actually had a shirt when I was young with a blue and green plaid similar to those colors. I loved it!

Anonymous said...

I love those baskets!! Now I may just have to be on the lookout for some :)

Oh by the way...I tagged you..check it out on my blog. Yikes, I know tags are kinda a pain sometimes. Sorry :)

Teresa
xo

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Linda, I know that feeling...just gotta look! Those are great finds!

RHoda

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! What a find! My mom and I have been looking for those for years with no luck. Martha Stewart featured them in her magazine and I think that made them so hard to find. I'll keep looking! I LOVE your collection!!

An Odd Duck said...

Those are so awesome. I'm on the look out now. I am so happy yard sale season is here.

Michelle Legler said...

CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anita said...

Wow! Love every ONE of your tin baskets!