Wednesday, May 02, 2007

name cards and a concert





I don't know about you but those name cards that they want you to order with the graduation announcements are kinda silly. I mean, you put your child's graduation picture inside the announcement and your return address on the envelope so why the name cards? So four years ago when Miranda graduated, we decided to make our own unique name cards with the meaning of her name. Made it so much more personable.










When ordering Tyler's graduation announcements, we again decided not to order the name cards. But when I sat down yesterday to assemble Tyler's announcements and grad pics, I realized we had not made special name cards to put inside. But an idea came to my mind and I thought I would share it with you!
I dug out my photo clear corners. You can get them at Michael's for a couple bucks. Well, I only used two corners to adhere the graduation pic, so that they can see that you can pop the pic out. And then I placed it over where you would have inserted the name card. Can I just say, I'm liking my idea better than those silly name cards. But that's just me. You do what you like.
Oh and btw, our oldest son Shawn is graduating from college so we are having a combined "Thompson Brothers" graduation party! They had more fun shooting pics for the invitation. The chosen one was taken inside our van! Too cute!

Tyler had a concert last night at his high school. Here he is singing the Incubus song "Warning" and he blew everyone away!! He has this amazing voice and is so comfortable performing on stage. Shawn recorded himself playing the guitar for Tyler to sing with and oh my gosh!! Ok, I'm their Mom, but they are sooo talented! Randy and I could not have been more proud to see our sons collaborate in this way! What a fun night!

6 comments:

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

What cute boys you have Linda. I can see why you're a proud mama!

Rhoda
Southern Hospitality

NanAZ said...

How fun! I like the photo idea. I really miss hearing the kids sing and perform. It's such a blessing as a mom to see them using the gifts that God gave them.

It's weird to have Amy graduating with her Master's and not be sending out stuff. She's taking care of it. It's also weird that we're not going to have a party. She said she didn't want one...

I think we have at least 5 other graduations this year as well. It's great to see the kids moving forward.

Nonie said...

Great idea. How neat they are graduating from high school and college the same year and then to celebrate it together..

Michelle Legler said...

Awesome idea!!!
We have a graduation this month too!!! Very busy!!!!!!!!!!!
Very handsome boys!!!

Anonymous said...

WHAT A GREAT IDEA AND HOW CUTE IS TYLER. I KEPT TELLING HIM HE IS SO HANDSOME TO HAVE ALL THAT HAIR COVER HIS FACE. CANT WAIT TO CELEBRATE HIS GRADUATION!!!!!!!!!!!
GINNY

Deb said...

Great ideas - my son graduates from High School & my daughter from University this year as well ... such an exciting time.