Sunday, January 27, 2008

like mother, like daughter


My daughter Miranda had her first Pampered Chef party yesterday. Can I just say that I got a little misty-eyed by the whole event? Well I did. You see, when Miranda was just a little thing I started having a Pampered Chef party every year for several years. And now my daughter is having them... and she is using the same consultant I have always used... and well... hey, forget the nostalgia, it makes me feel old!
Anyway, Brenda is so dear to our family... that she even did the Pampered Chef Bridal Shower that we had for Shawn & Nicole in 2004.
Check out Brenda's site here, for those of you locally that might want to order products or host a party. Hey, Miranda's party doesn't close for a few days, so you could mention her party and add your order on to her party sales. OMG, do I have no scruples?!
So, on to the menu... so yummy! We learned to make these chicken pot stickers... and the 'cactus jelly' dipping sauce... wow! But take a look at the dessert below. My friend Amy grabbed my camera and took this delicious pic! I didn't know that my camera could take such gorgeous pics. Course it helps that she is a professional photographer and knows what she is doing, unlike me. Check out her brand new web site here. Congrats Amy, on your new adventure!

7 comments:

Amy T Schubert said...

yea ... that site is not real anymore ... and my real site is not yet up yet ...

but thanks for the mention...

any day now it'll be

www.teeganphotography.com

xo

Unknown said...

Oh yum! Do you know what that recipe is called so I can look it up on the PC website? It looks delicious!

Jodi Ohl said...

I'm not sure what the dessert is, but it sure looks delish!!!

I'd be a little misty eyed, too, if I was you!!! I'm sentimental anyway like that :)

Lizzie said...

Linda, "Miranda" was on my big list when considering names for my daughter! How lovely!

I am glad she is growing up to enjoy things you so dearly love. What a sad but bittersweet transition as she moves from "Daughter" to "Friend" as well.

Please email me? I have made my blog "By invite only" for now and I did not know your gmail email to send the invitation to. :-\ I would miss you if we couldn't "visit".

Lizzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lori said...

Linda, Oh how I know the feeling, and it's not silly!! Imagine this...awhile back my daughter actually began selling P.C. and I was at her first show! This was so unreal!!! So what did ya buy??? Their dishes are quick, simple and so good!!! Love, Lori

Sandy said...

Hi Linda - you know me and my history of PC (I was a Director) - I love the stuff! How fun for you both.
Sandy