Saturday, March 21, 2009

a walking inspiration


I love that my sister Ginny walks her dog everyday. Not because it inspires me to walk my dog... or even inspires me to walk in general. No, I love that she walks her dog because that's when she calls me on her cell phone and inspires the heck out of me!! Seriously, she is a walking, crafting, sewing sensation! And I'm the recipient of such creative genius.
So yesterday she called and told me about something she saw in a magazine and I was reminded of my old cast-iron pan and well, this became my version of what she was telling me about. Love the mixed colors and textures. But don't think for a minute it will remain this way. I have yet to dig out my very favorite buttons. No, my creative juices have only just begun~ to flow. But that's what I mean, Ginny just oozes with ideas galore every time I talk to her and my to-do project list is overwhelming to say the least and when will I ever find the time to do them all! Mmm, someday I will. When I'm living in my cozy cottage in the woods. But first we have to win the lottery and or something.


Ginny made me the pin cushion in the middle. Too cute. But you have got to the see her latest pin cushion creation... unlike anything I've seen so far! She's got me going to thrift stores on the look-out for 100% wool sweaters to felt. She's teaching me when she comes for a visit in May. Can't wait! You'll love em.


Thanks Ginny, for turning me on to thread catchers... bags... and pin cushions. You are so generous in sharing your many gifts and talents. And I am blessed to have you as my sister and friend.


Btw, I can't tell you how many times Ginny called this winter and she's walking Lacy in below 0 temps... like waaay below 0 temps! And she's alive... and functioning. You see, she lives in Wisconsin... and that's what you do. 'Nuff said.

4 comments:

Angie in AZ said...

I just learned something about myself. I CANNOT listen to Randy sing and you talk at the same time! LOL! I have one of his CD's playing but I can't read your post at the same time because I 'hear' you when I read. LOL! Gotta' pause Randy for the moment....

Keetha Broyles said...

I LOVE those bags - - - they beat Vera Bradley all to pieces.

Skerrib said...

Lacy must be pretty hearty herself...my poodles wouldn't last too long below zero. Well, Max might, but Zoe would be trying to tug her way back home in no time. Ginny is hardcore. =)

NanAZ said...

Great idea, Linda! You are quite creative yourself you know.