Monday, June 28, 2010

Wiley


Today is a sad day. We had to put down our beloved Wiley. Our hearts are breaking as we will miss him terribly, but also for our Koda, as she has never known a day without her best bud Wiley.
Randy posted this on facebook this morning, so I thought I'd share it with you.

It is through tears and profound sadness that I write this. Tyler and I had to take Wiley, our dog and have him put down this morning. It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do, but it was time. He was getting old and it would have been harder to watch him deteriorate physically and mentally. He was Tyler's dog and his best friend, as well as mine and we will miss him greatly. Our other dog Koda will also miss him. There is no way to tell her that her buddy won't be coming back and that too makes me sad. We loved him so much and he loved us back so well. I have a huge hole in my heart now that he is gone. He was a great dog. Wherever you are now Wiley RUN - Run free and never stop. That is what you were made to do.

8 comments:

Lori said...

We said good-bye to our Cotton in April, I had to take her, hardest thing.... you are right. I'm tearing up for you guys.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

So sorry Linda. That is a very sad thing to do. Dan took our dog Sara when she was 13.5 years old. She had just become so arthritic and in pain.
It is so sad isn't it.
Hugs,
Cindy

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I am so sorry Linda. I had to put down my Pepper several years ago and I still remember the pain of it. She was so precious as was your baby. No more pain for him though...that is a blessing.

Unknown said...

Linda, I'm so sorry. My mom and dad lost their Louie in April and it was heartbreaking. :( Read the Rainbow Bridge poem if you haven't already--I truly believe our loving Heavenly Father will make a way for us to be with our beloved animal friends again someday. Hugs to you and your family.

Judi said...

Oh, Linda, I'm so sorry! UGH! I know the sadness and the difficulty of what you guys have had to do to "do right by" Wiley. It's so hard. Animals are such a gift. What Joy Davidman Lewis said about loving people applies to animals, too: the joy then is part of the pain now. (or vice versa) Thinking of you guys and praying for you as you grieve.

Unknown said...

Oh I'm so sorry. I just happened upon your blog this morning and had to comment. This is so sad and I'm so sorry. My dog, Ginger is quite old and many times I look at her and know this is coming soon... and it grieves me.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Be kind to yourself at this moment.

Be well,
Tracy

Laurie - Lolo So Retro said...

i am so sorry about Wiley. That is the hardest thing for a pet owner to do, but it is our awesome responsibility, as well.

Take care and safe travels.

NanAZ said...

So sorry to hear this, Linda. Randy wrote such precious words...they say it all. We'll be praying for you all in your grieving. Pets are wonderful companions that God allows us to have. It must have been so hard to say goodbye.