Thursday, August 25, 2011

32 years together


32 years ago today I became Mrs. Randy Thompson.
Little did I know that 2 months after this photo was taken (Christmas 1978)
Randy would ask me to marry him.
We had dated for 6 months and we were engaged for 6 months.


Our wedding cost a grand total of 600 dollars and I have every receipt to prove it.
We're talking my dress, the rings, his tux, cake & flowers.
So thankful that Randy's brother Barry gifted us with the photography
and my sister Kathy made the bridesmaid dresses.
We had 100 guests in attendance and I loved every single moment of that day.
I wouldn't change a thing.


Randy & I went into full-time ministry a year after we were married
and we've been in full-time ministry in one capacity or another ever since.


I also wouldn't change a single thing about these past 32 years.
We have lived years with little and years with much...
always praying that we would to be content in whatever situation we were in.



I am blessed with more than I ever dreamed.
Although I never dreamed I was worthy of such blessings.
But I am ~ because I am a daughter of The King ~
and married to someone that makes me feel like a Princess every single day.
(the Disney pictures were taken a year ago)

6 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Happy Anniversary! Our wedding was like yours...nothing like what they are now!

Amy T Schubert said...

happy anniversary! Love you both!
xo

Debbie Kay said...

Oh Linda, you are such an inspiration in God's goodness and faithfulness. Congratulations and thank you for blessing my life in ways you cannot see but in ways that I feel in my heart.

Love,

Debbie

Kristen said...

Happy anniversary!!! Love you guys so much!

joanne said...

I don't comment often but this seems like a great occasion to do so...Happy Anniversary you two. Love the pictures down memory lane. Many, many, more to you.

Nancy Hann said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! Loving doing life with you two. Hope you have another 32 years ahead.