Monday, April 01, 2013

Mickey antennae balls


We've been adorning our two vans with Disney antennae balls for years now. And invaribly we lose an ear or two in a few months. Thankfully our daughter will pick one up for us on her next visit to The Happiest Place on Earth. She's a season ticket holder and goes fairly often.

But a year ago when she brought back yet another Fantasia Mickey, I wised up. (btw, that blue hat has rescued me more times than I care to admit, when I can't find my van:) Well this time I added superglue to all the areas that could separate from the ball. I found the baseball Mickey brand-new at a yard sale for a quarter. So both vans got brand new super-glued antennae balls a year ago. In fact, this photo was taken April 6th, 2012.

Get this ~ one year later ~ 
BOTH vans still have their Mickey ears attached to the balls!!!

2 comments:

Skerrib said...

Brilliant!! Nothing like a little preemptive superglue!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Are you the clever one Linda!
I enjoyed reading about your trip below too...I have been meaning to get over here.
At 10:30 you had been up for 8 hours? Huh?
You two always seem to have so much fun together..love that.
Hugs friend,
Cindy
come by and see my chenille if you get a chance too.