Friday, September 10, 2010

kitchen soap dispenser

It is probably no surprise to most of you that I am not a minimalist. In fact, quite the opposite. But I have my own little theory as to why that is. I think it has something to do with how I was raised. My Mom was not a saver, in fact she is not sentimental about most anything from the past. So as a result of her inability to see things as worth preserving, I am still a little traumatized that she threw away my Charmin' Chatty doll when I left for Phoenix at age 20. Which would then make sense why I became overly sentimental about everything. And because I am the saver and collector that I am... my kids are more the minimalists. See what I mean. Not sure if this theory holds true to the rest of you.

But when it came to the installation of my 10 foot slab of quartz counter top in my new kitchen, I was on unfamiliar grounds. Because you see, for a very brief moment, I became a minimalist. And how's that, you ask? Well, I was adamant that they drill one hole, and one hole only. And that would be for my Grohe faucet, and my Grohe faucet only.
Not a hole for a sprayer.
Not a hole for a dish soap dispenser.
Not a hole for a hand soap dispenser.
Not a hole for a hot water dispenser.
Not a hole for a garbage disposal button.

And I have never regretted my decision.

Ok, I was also swayed by friends that pointed out that their dispensers were either always empty or broken.

I did have more fun searching for the perfect hand soap & lotion dispenser that I can remove from the counter on a whim. Found this sumptuous peppermint set at Marshalls for $5.99. Seriously, I could eat this stuff! The reason I looked high & low for just the right dispenser... well, I have plans to replace the lotion with dish soap. My husband is going to duplicate the label and replace the lotion label with a dish soap label. And I wanted the bottles to be tinted, so the color of my Dawn soap wouldn't clash with whatever hand soap was in the other bottle.

Have I told you that I'm also ADD and OCD?
I can see you all shaking your heads...

It all makes sense now doesn't it.


*** Added Sept. 20th- 

Randy made the labels that allow me to have easy access to my dish soap! YEH!

Thank you Randy!

8 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Too funny Linda!
But my Mom also didn't save a lot. She is sentimental and she also has a lot of stuff. But we moved so much and we had so many kids that things just went missing!
I came home from college and she was wearing my beautiful leather cheerleading jacket to do chores. And she wore my prom dress as her Mother of the Bride dress for my first wedding. She was resourceful.
Take Care,
Cindy

Vivian said...

I'm glad you're not a minimalist! Your blog is so fascinating and always makes me wish that I had saved more things.

Darcy said...

I LOVE your soap dispenser idea, Randy did an amazing job on the labels, LOVE IT!

SharonTogether said...

I totally relate to your issue with the blue Dawn detergent clashing with my decor. That's why I buy Ivory. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks about such things.

Mahesh said...

Hi,
You have really shared the wonderful post, you blog is also very informative. You have done the great research in this topic.

Stainless Steel Hand Dryers & Soap Dispenser

MARUTHU MOON said...

Hi,
You have really shared the wonderful post, you blog is also very informative. You have done the great research in this topic.
Hand Dryer Manufacturers in India | Automatic Hand Dryer Manufacturer Chennai

Ishan Sharma said...

Nice post thanks for sharing

Automatic Dispensers

Bionics Equipment Manufacturer said...

Discover a wealth of knowledge in this captivating blog! Dive into an enriching reading experience that leaves you informed and delighted. Gratitude for sharing this valuable content.lab equipment manufacturer in india

Laboratory Oven

Laboratory Furnace

Autoclave Sterilizers for Hospital & Laboratory

Cleanroom Equipment - Cabinets & Furniture

Laboratory Incubators for Medical & Pharmaceutical Use

Laboratory Water Testing Meters