I am currently sitting in Superior Court of Arizona in downtown Phoenix ~ awaiting jury duty selection. I will be here for 8 long hours. But no worries, I came prepared. In fact, I resembled someone about to embark on a month-long cross-country back-packing trip. My bulging backpack got quite the looks going through security.
Just so you know, I have never done this before. I have either been pregnant or nursing or no babysitter, or my group just never had to appear when I called the day before. And I’ve got to be honest, I’ve been rather anxious about the whole ordeal. But now that I’m here, I’m ok. I mean think about it, I have a whole day to journal, blog, read, do whatever I want, and not feel guilty.
So, I’ll be posting random thoughts throughout the day to keep me entertained, and hopefully you too.
- I ate most of the lunch I packed by 10am
- I’m liking the private cubicles for us laptop-ers
- A friend on Facebook posted about the new Pumpkin Spice M&Ms
- I want them in the worst way
- I reorganized my sewing room over the weekend
- I downsized my wardrobe over the weekend
- I feel pretty good about my weekend
- Koda & I take walks every morning at 5:30
- Koda's our dog and she misses Tyler terribly
- So do I :(
- Dumb vending machine... I pushed the wrong numbers and got a Baby Ruth instead of Peanut M&Ms
- Ok, dumb me
- Most everyone has left for lunch... but not me
- I made a big pot of Ham & Split Peas soup last week
- Perfect for our overcast, rainy weekend
- I don't want to get picked for a trial
- Cuz guess what? I'm starting a part-time job next week!
- The (Fancy) Fry's @ Tatum & Shea hired me!
- I will be working housewares- designing displays and end caps, ordering, stocking, inventory and customer service
- SO excited to get started!
- Hoping to work lots and lots of hours
- We've been without a washing machine for the past 6 weeks
- We were given one two weeks ago, though they weren't sure it worked
- We replaced a few parts and it still wouldn't work
- We're being given another one this week that works ~ yes!
- Thank you Jesus!
- Thankfully I wasn't picked to do the trial
- My Dad's So God Made a Farmer video reached over 40,000 views this week!
My son Tyler moved to Wisconsin 6 weeks ago.
He recently visited the farm where I grew up and climbed the 90' Harvester Silo.
And that's the house that built me.
Check it out! My sister-in-law took this photo of Tyler
while he was taking pics from the top of the silo. Yikes!