Monday, January 15, 2007

rumm rill & porsgrund


The Rumm Rill pitcher was a gift from my dear Mom-in-law. She got it from an Air Force Base thrift shop over thirty years ago for 35 cents. She knew I loved it and gave it to me several years ago. Reminds me of a bowling ball. An orange one is listed on EBay for $45.00!
I found the little tea cup at a yard sale a few weeks ago. Printed underneath is 'Porsgrund Norway 58' with a symbol in the middle. I just love the colors and rosemaling design. And even though it has a tiny chip, I was thrilled to only pay a dollar! Because of my Norwegian heritage, I am always on the lookout for such items. What a treasured find!

4 comments:

Diana LaMarre said...

Oh, I love the entire arrangement. I have never heard of Rumm Rill pitchers, but I've seen that style many times. Very nice.

NanAZ said...

Yes, a beautiful combination of goodies. It would go well in my living room too!

Anonymous said...

My mother has a whole set of these Porsgrund china. It is called "bondemønster" - farmer's pattern. I love it.

Sigruns German Garden said...

It is a very good combination, and not like in each living-room!

Sigrun