Saturday, December 08, 2007

Lego Santas


One of my favorite Christmas Collections got started in the 80's.
Being the Lego-maniacs that we are, it was only natural that I would start collecting the little Santa Lego packs found at Toys-R-Us check-out counters. They came out with a new Santa each year and were only available in the late 80's and early 90's. I was so glad I bought them each year for my kids. Aren't they just adorable! They sold for around a dollar each.




But a few years ago I was surprised to find Lego Advent Calendar sets at Barnes & Nobles and the following year at Target. Every day leading up to Christmas the kids would put together a Lego Santa or an Angel or Snowman or some sorta toy. My husband still builds a set each day, even though the kids are grown. Then when Christmas is over, we take each of them apart so they are ready for next year.


The last couple years I have picked up these Mega Bloks sets at Target that are so cute.
SO, I haven't found any new sets this year yet. Have you? PLEASE let me know if you have! Thanks!

6 comments:

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Oh my goodness. I'm so glad you have good memories and happy thoughts about Legos. I. . . on the other hand. . . stepped on one too many with my barefeet, sucked up one to many with the vacuum. . . and retrieved one too many from the dog's mouth. . . so I was very glad to donate them when the girls outgrew them LOL!!

Nothing worse than Legos on bare feet. . . well, maybe Barbie's shoes!!

Blessings,

Sher

NanAZ said...

I LOVE those! I tried to find some last year, but they must have been all gone. If you find any this year Linda, will you pick one up for me too and I'll pay you for it? I'll try to keep an eye out too, but you're usually much better at finding all those treasures.

CIELO said...

Very lovely…

What is Christmas? It is tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future. It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace (Agnes M. Pharo).

Enjoy the Season

Cielo

Skerrib said...

Oh, I totally want a Lego advent calendar now.

Kathy said...

How cute are those Santas? I never realized there was a new one every year back then. Lucky girl!

Natasha said...

Late comment but I was looking for something like these this year and did not have any luck. I give my kids an ornament each year and wanted to give my little builder a lego one. I wanted to find one that was Christmas themed and make it into an ornament. But had no luck I think next year I will start looking earlier. Glad to know they actually exist.