Monday, December 17, 2007

rice night

Rice Night is one of the highlights of the Christmas season. Our dear friends Steve & Grace host the coolest event where we all bring a favorite dish from our childhood. Steve spends hours cooking this glorious, custardy, Scandinavian rice topped with a generous pat of butter and cinnamon. YUMO! I always bring my Swedish meatballs and my friend Barb brings her homemade lefse to wrap around the meatballs. Such a fun, festive night with our dearest friends. Here Steve and John are prepping for the Tom & Jerrys that add to the holiday cheer. Cheers!



Shawn & Nicole savoring the hot, creamy rice.


My dear friend Grace and I... and her lovely tablescape.


Ok, I have got to set the record straight. Those were not my baskets of beer seen in my birthday post below! I had no idea what were in those baskets that Miranda and I were seated next to! We were having lunch at the Duck & Decanter in Phoenix and decided to enjoy our lunch in the loft where they deplay all their gift baskets. So you can imagine my surprise when many of you took note of the contents!! Too funny!
Btw, Duck & Decanter is a great place to do your Christmas shopping. Very unique, one-of-a-kind gifts.

4 comments:

CIELO said...

Yummy....! That custardy, Scandinavian rice looks glorious... indeed, I know for experience it tastes gloriously. In my country they call it: "Arroz con leche", and they add one small piece of lemon peel and ones small cinnamon stick... it's soooo good!

Enjoy the season


Cielo

Jodi Ohl said...

The rice dish looks delish!!! YUM! Looks like you had a wonderful party, I gained 10 lbs looking at your picture!

Debbie Kay said...

Linda:

I had no doubt that the baskets displayed in your picture were indeed not yours. You are a beautiful example of Christ and "alcohol" in over abundance is just so not you!!!

With Love,

Debbie Kennedy

Diana LaMarre said...

How lucky you are to have such unique traditions with your friends. That rice pudding looks delicious!

I didn't think you were a big drinker, so I was surprised to see you getting all that booze for birthday gifts! LOL. Thanks for setting the record straight.