Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cath Kidston

Three years ago when I first started blogging, I was introduced to Cath Kidston. And it was love at first web site. The ultimate in eye candy. Thus began my obsession with oil cloth. And she just happens to carry the most luxurious line of oil cloth on the market, bar none! And now I am not only the proud owner of a piece of Cath Kidston oil cloth... but I actually bought it at the Cath Kidston store in Bath, England! Yes, you read that right. I was in a Cath Kidston store!


So yes, my plan was to bring back a souvenir from Cath Kidston. I was on a mission. And literally shaking as I entered the store. They must have thought I was some crazy American as my camera clicked away. And they would be right. But in my defense, I did ask permission to take these pictures throughout the two-story store. And seriously, I could not get a bad shot! Look at everything! How could I go wrong! Have you ever seen such creative genius in displaying cottage goods in your entire life! Didn't think so.


Be sure to click the pics to behold such loveliness your highness. Sorry, but my British accent kicked in and I got carried away.





There was not a piece of fabric I did not love. But rather than post pics of all the fabulous fabrics, I decided to show you these pillows made from some of those fab fabrics.


Behold the vast rolls of oil cloth above! Aahh... take a moment to enlarge the pic. Mmm, see what I mean? The unrolled oil cloth to the far right was my preferred choice. And as you can see in the pic below, Miranda is carrying it around while she's perusing the 2nd floor. Could she look any cuter amongst all the lovely cuteness!



The final purchased goods... an oil cloth book bag for me (aqua with England attractions- how perfect), a child-size oil cloth book bag for Emolyn and a 1/2 meter of oil cloth that I plan to cover a small table top or shelves with. And a Cath Kidston magazine. I could not stop smiling till we got on the train hours later. And then Randy & Miranda introduced me to Bejeweled on Randy's iTouch and I was hooked. And I'm like, Cath who? I'm fickle that way.


*** Coming soon- Easter Sunday at London Hillsong and Hampton Court Palace!

7 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

oooooooooo I love the tea things and the dishes. Awesome shop.

Laurie - Lolo So Retro said...

How fun, love your purchases! I am not a huge CK fan, but her colors are so cheerful and nostalgic, and I am craving one of her oilcloth ditty bags.

I bet Miss Emolyn will be soooo cute carrying her bag, you will have a lot of laughs over the items she chooses to put in her tote!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh, I bet you wanted to buy everything in the store--I know I would! LOL What a feast for the eyes! I can't wait to see what you do with your gorgeous fabric.

I've had such fun reading your posts about your trip--they bring back such fun memories for me!

NanAZ said...

I love her things! They remind me of fabrics in my aunt's cottage on the lake. I just went to the website and it's awesome! I can't wait to see your bag and what you do with the fabric. I really like the blue sailboat fabric for pillows and some of the blue and red prints for an oilcloth tablecloth to coordinate with my red sofa. Maybe I can get Miranda to pick some up for me. On second thought, she'll probably have just a FEW of her own things to bring home. Thanks for sharing the great pics.

Lori said...

Ahhhh Linda, Oh me oh my!! I adore Kath!! Thank you, thank you for the pics of the store! I could devower them!! You have no idea how jealous of you that I am right now!!!! Is it really a magazine?? I never heard of that!!! Lori

Summer Darling said...

oh my oh my!!! i love cath kidston! so nice of you to take photos and share it with us!i'm so envy of you

Laura said...

Thank you so much for showing these fabulous photos. We dream of going there someday. She has such beautiful things!