Thursday, November 05, 2009

Etsy, Disney, Suns & Tyler


~ spent a couple hours on Etsy yesterday looking at vintage travel postcards. I hope to decorate my cottage on wheels with vintage National Park postcards.
~ my friend Nancy & her husband Terry are visiting Smokey Mountain National Park this week and I found THIS for her travel postcard collection.
~ how cute is the paper towel holder above the door and the magazine rack to the right in my little cottage? So cute & way functional.
~ the plaid metal picnic basket will hold all our snacks when we travel. A yard sale find for $3.00.
~ so excited to find two pieces of melmac & raffia thermal ware for 69 cents each. (clic pic to enlarge)

~ what do you give your 20 year old son for Christmas when he's leaving for the Marine Corp on January 4th? A family trip to Disneyland! Yup, Randy & I, Shawn, Nicole & Emolyn, Miranda and Tyler leave for Disneyland Friday morning! SOOO excited!

~ our PHOENIX SUNS are 4-0!! GO SUNS! (oops, 4-1, they got beat last night)
~ speaking of Tyler & Disney, check out Tyler's arrangement of Circle of Life. (he's singing every part you're hearing) He is such a gifted musician... but with a humble heart for God. And this mama could not be more proud.

4 comments:

NanAZ said...

I love the idea of the vintage postcards. Are you looking for specific places or just ones where you like the picture? You're little trailer is going to be so cute! You're so creative with decorating.

Skerrib said...

That raffia thermalware is AWESOME. I love your cottage on wheels.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Linda,
Love your creative ideas! Have fun at Disney, your son is joining the Marines? I am sure you are very proud of him! Hugs, Cindy

Unknown said...

How fun! Linda, you have so much going on. I love your little cottage on wheels. You will be traveling in style! Happy Birthday to the Future Marine!:)

~Liz