Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving '09


I am reminded at this time of year that we don't spend near enough time with our extended family. I love these dear people and hope to see them more often during the Christmas season.


Emolyn's Mimi sure was grateful that little Emolyn was well enough to come for the day. She had the stomach flu the night before, but thankfully was on the mend.


Emolyn loves playing with the water pump in our backyard. The sound of the running water is a sweet reminder of my Dad, who bought me the pump a few years ago. He and I share a love of old pumps. He's doing well in case you were wondering.


We had to take a picture of the two Emolyn's along with Miranda, before we took Mom Thompson back to her home in Surprise. (which is an hour away) What a treat to have Randy's Mom spend the day with us. I wish she lived closer so that I could see her more often.


And how cute is this. While the boys were back in Tyler's room playing video games, Emolyn crawled into Tyler's bed, covered herself up and started 'reading' one of Tyler's books. Oh my, not quite the reading material you would want a 1 year old to digest. But then, what do I know about kids these day :)

*** Almost forgot to tell you about my Thanksgiving table cloth! I went to Savers a few days before Thanksgiving and found that lovely piece of fabric that graced my table... that literally covered my two banquet tables perfectly and then some, for $2.99!!! One complete piece of fabric! I love it and will use it for years and years to come!

3 comments:

Karen said...

What a great looking family! How blessed you are... and I know you know that. The baby (wish I could spell her name.. Imolene?) is adorable. Glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving.
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Karen said...

Me again! Thanks for stopping by. How exciting to look forward to a redo. I always have plenty of opinions, but whether or not I am right.... lol But I will be near to cheer you on.
Hugs,
Karen

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Linda,
I am so lovin the family pics!! Your table looks beautiful and so does your home, hopefully next time I can take the tour! My son moved into his home on Monday, they were so excited and I need to get back there soon! Hopefully, in Jan. or Feb. Hugs, Cindy