Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My Red Hutch


My red hutch has an interesting story to tell. 
Randy's Mamaw Bean bought the buffet bottom part back in the 40's and when she died in 1978, Randy's parents inherited the piece and several years later gave it to us. 
We eventually found the unfinished hutch part at our JC Penney Outlet store. 
So, one day I decided to take on my very first painting project and proceeded to paint the two pieces red. I was so nervous, but knew right away I had found a new passion... painting furniture! 
The paint was in the 'oops' section at Home Depot for $2.00. All the eclectic knobs & pulls were found on clearance at Target over a period of many years. I especially love the spoon handles. Anyway, I could not have been more pleased with the final results!


I've been collecting PYREX for over 25 years and you can read those stories by clicking-
 MY PYREX COLLECTION STORY.
Thanks for visiting my blog!


10 comments:

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Oh I love that hutch. Of course I love red. I'll have to link up the hutch I redid. Oh and I love Pyrex too.
Have a wonderful day!
Kim

Nicole T said...

love the new pic on the top of the blog! Shawn just got out our Halloween stuff, can't wait to decorate!

MJ said...

Hey Ive been here before! lol I love your hutch...its wonderful. I especially love your rooster friend that sits on it. Love me some roosters. A red hutch is like a red 57 chevy....awesome

Kirstin said...

I love your hutch!! I want one (C:

nannykim said...

I love this--such a Happy piece!

Anne Marie said...

hi! thanks so much for you comment today...it totally made my day - but i think that your hutch is so fun!
and that family picture on your sidebar....gorgeous!!!

Free Art Printables said...

That hutch is fantastic! The red looks great and I adore all of the nook and cubbies it has!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I just love the red! This party has been great because each hutch has been so unique!

gail said...

love the pumpkin header!!!
and the hutch is great...
gail
adventuresininnkeeping.blogspot.com

Discount Furniture said...

Great post, and I love that hutch.