Thursday, February 17, 2011

gazing (bowling) ball


I once had a gazing ball in my garden. But it shattered. 
It was so fragile that I think it broke from falling rain. I'm not even kidding you.
Why are gazing balls made of paper-thin glass anyway?
SO, ever since, I have been on the look-out for a gazing bowling ball. 
But not just any bowling ball... a beautiful bowling ball that stands out among all the others. 
Oh and one that withstands the elements. You know, rain and hail.


Well, last weekend I found it... at a yard sale... for a dollar. 
And this morning I found an iron stand... at a thrift store... for a dollar. 


And they will surely live happily ever after... in my garden... forever & ever.
Cuz nothing is going to shatter this gazing ball.

Hey, check out these awesome linky parties-
SHOW AND TELL FRIDAY
FRUGAL FRIDAY
METAMORPHOSIS MONDAY

13 comments:

Alexis said...

that is really cool...LOVE it!

joanne said...

very clever you...and pretty too!

Carol said...

I have a few of those special heavy duty gazing balls too!

Dianna said...

Don't you love it when you find just what you've been looking for?
And so - inexpensively too!


Dianna
www.thesedaysofmine.com

Vivian said...

That is so amazing and funny at the same time!

Amy T Schubert said...

you're so smart and creative .... I would have just thought, "oh well, I guess I wont have one if its going to break"

Natasha said...

Wow what good thrift karma you have! Not to mention a great idea. I love seeing your 'green' pictures -I can barely see my neighbors house because of the major blizzard here!! Spring is out there somewhere.

Marilyn said...

Great price! I have several in my garden, too. I live in tornado/hailstone alley, so being tough enough for Colorado weather is important. ♥♫

Kristen said...

Love this idea!!!! going to steal it;)

Sixpence and A Blue Moon said...

what a wonderful idea! it is beautiful!

Mo said...

I planted marbles and grew my own bowling balls........... :)

Unknown said...

How did you get that affect with the paint?

Linda Larson Thompson said...

Darlene Garner, I didn't paint the bowling ball, it came looking like that. So fun when you find one with such beautiful design and coloring.