Monday, August 29, 2011

Aussie bungee jumping

***EDITED!! VIDEO LINK  INCLUDED!!


My daughter Miranda is heading home today. And I can hardly wait to get her back on US soil! And yes, that would be my daughter bungee jumping in Australia. And yes, I've watched the video 4 times and cried every single time. But thank God she had the foresight NOT to tell her mother she was planning such a thing. Or else, I might have... well, I don't know what I would have done. Maybe curled up on the couch watching The Housewives of New Jersey marathon till I received word she was safe and sound.
Anyway, I have plans to post the video when she gets home... so your heart can race at speeds unnatural to human nature... and weep with joy as she defies all odds and lives... you know, as though you didn't know the outcome. Kinda like watching Apollo 13. I've watched that movie a dozen times and I still get all hot and sweaty and emotional as the drama unfolds. Seriously, like I don't know how it ended?
SO, be sure to check out Miranda's blog. She's already posting about her adventures in Australia... with many more in the works I'm sure.
Oh, and she boards her plane in Sydney 1 PM Monday and arrives in Phoenix 1 PM Monday. Pretty scary if you ask me. (ok, she boards 8 PM Sunday night our time :)

*** Just realized I could link you to her video on facebook!!! ***
Enjoy! ~ Click HERE and turn up the volume!

2 comments:

deb said...

Yep, I tell my son that I don't have the "need to know" some of what he does until it's over and he's safe!!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

OMG LINDA!!!
That gives me the chills!!!
I am not sure I could even watch the video, your a brave Momma!
HUgs,
Cindy