Sunday, October 09, 2011

Autumn in Wausau


Randy & I are in Wausau, Wisconsin for the 10th Anniversary Benefit Concert, Dinner & Auction for Randlin Homes. My oldest and dearest friend Linda, who brought me out to Phoenix 34 years ago, started Randlin Homes with her husband Ralph. Randlin Homes are group homes for homeless vets in the Wausau area. The two Randlin Homes Thrift Stores fund a portion of the expenses and also enable those in recovery to volunteer at the Thrift Stores.



They named the ministry after Randy & I and we could not be more honored to celebrate in the success and expansion of Randlin Homes ~ we're talking 6 homes with 46 beds! Randlin Homes are making such a difference in the community and changing lives. And those lives are learning skills that free them to enter back into the community in health.



Linda & Ralph and Randy & I got up early Saturday morning to watch the sunrise and it turned into a 2 1/2 hour hike along the Wisconsin River. We had flown in the night before and were totally blown away by the colors that awaited us come daylight. I'm in heaven. No really, heaven has got to be fall in all its peakness glory.


So good to be reunited with my friend Linda, even though it had only been 6 months ago since we last saw each other ~ at the Hand in Hand Reunion. Some of you may remember reading the story about how two farm girls from Wisconsin ended up in Phx 34 years ago. For those of you that haven't, you can read it HERE.


I love pumpkins. I love the color pumpkin. And I love pumpkin colored cars. And that happens to be the color car we're driving to Door County this week. I'm thinking a pumpkin colored shirt is in my future.


I sure hope you'll check back for more of my Wisconsin posts. The concerts today went so well and we are humbled and overjoyed! We head out tomorrow morning to visit family and friends in the Appleton area ~ tour Lambeau Field in Green Bay ~ and two days in beautiful Door County. Good stuff coming!

No comments: