Thursday, February 02, 2012

Prescott snow & Raven Cafe


You could safely say that I am in a full-on February funk. And part of my problem would be that I am just not ready to blog about all the changes going on quite yet. Which leaves me at a loss for words... for posts... even filler posts till I'm ready to put it all out there.
So what's a girl to do? Well, she prepares a mug of hot chocolate, adds a splash of peppermint schnapps and a large dollop of frozen Cool Whip. Did you catch that last part? Frozen Cool Whip. That's why the dollop hasn't melted yet during this little photo op. I'm tellin' ya, creamy chocolaty minty goodness at its best. Ok... then she gets down to business and pours through her photo files.
Confession here... exactly a year ago this week, we spent the day in Prescott visiting our son and daughter-in-law and granddaughters at a friend's cabin they were staying at for the weekend, and I captured some of my most favorite snow pictures ever. BUT I never did a post. AND I have never forgotten that. AND it's bugged me ever since.
You see, contrary to what others may say, I do look at my hundreds of photo files a ton. And while I'm sad that I don't have many of them made into prints, I do believe that I look at my digitals more than I would the actual hard copies. So there. Now excuse me while I jump off my little soap box and move on.
Well, in perusing through my many photo files, I came across those Feb. '11 Prescott snow pictures and thought ~ why not post them now ~ a year later. So I did.







Emolyn & Mimi
Nicole, Emolyn, Shawn & Elsie
After a morning of photographing and frolicking in the snow, we drove to the courthouse square for lunch at the Raven Cafe. And let me tell you, it did not disappoint. 


We highly recommend the Raven...


especially the funky, urban rooftop dining experience...


and their excellent food! 
I'm thinking a Prescott road trip to the snow and Raven is in my forseeable future.

1 comment:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Nice post Linda!
Fun for you all to get up into some snow too!
And look how little Elsie has grown!
Happy Weekend and I hope to see you soon!
Cindy