Wednesday, March 07, 2012

vintage knitted pincushions


Remember these? When I found each of them many years ago, I was transported back in time... to a simpler time... learning to sew and discovering the joys of knitted pincushions.


 The pins would often come through the bottom and stick you. Or you had a heck of a time trying to find the needles that were buried. Often times resulting in pain and blood.
I must say, the plastic lid under the green one is quite the clever idea.


So trust me, these are for decoration only... to beautifully display my stick pin collection.
I know. I have way too many collections.
Oooh, cute story ~ my 4 year old granddaughter told me the other day that she wanted to start a collection. Seriously. She even had to slow down saying the word collection because she had never said it before. So I asked what is she going to collect? She said pinecones. Of course I was thrilled and actually a little emotional. I mean, cute or what! Ok, so I'm not so sure how thrilled her parents are. ha!


My mother-in-law gave me the knitted pincushion that her mother-in-law gave her many years ago. Mamaw Bean loved everything pink & blue, so naturally she would make herself a pink & blue pincushion. It is most likely well over 50 years old. And I simply adore it.
But I don't use it :)
Knitted pincushion tutorial found here.

Linking my post with ~
SHOW AND TELL FRIDAY

No comments: