Wednesday, June 27, 2012

my daughter is engaged!


Miranda & Aaron are getting married! And what a sweet love story!
I have been faithfully praying for my daughter's husband since she was a little girl,
and to know it was Aaron all this time brings me to tears. You see Miranda has had a crush on him since they were kids, but he was her brother's best friend, so she never dreamed he would ever see her as more than just Shawn's little sister.


Well, that all changed last September, when Aaron asked Miranda out on an actual date. 
They had always been great friends, but something changed. Love happened.


My daughter is 27 and has patiently waited for the man-of-her-dreams. She has never been about needing a boyfriend to define who she is. She has faithfully depended on God to be all she ever needed... trusting He would lead her to the man she would someday marry. 


 But till that time she loved being single and lived her life to the fullest. Her insatiable appetite for adventure has taken her to places all around the world. Her Dad has always said that she is one of the most courageous young women he has ever known.


So after Aaron sat down with Miranda's Dad and asked to marry his daughter, he also contacted all of he and Miranda's close friends and planned a surprise engagement party. Everything fell in to place beautifully. He rented a convertible, took her on a roadtrip to Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon and then asked her to be his wife. And here she's thinking it was about celebrating his birthday!


























When they got back to Phoenix that evening, friends & family were waiting to celebrate their engagement. What a fun surprise! Of course I burst into tears. I had never seen my daughter so happy. She literally took my breath away to where I couldn't even talk. I know, that hardly ever happens! ha!


Love this one of Miranda and Nicole, with Shawn and Tyler in the background. Love these four amazing adults. And now to have Aaron join our family! I'm beyond elated!


And the ring ~ oh my gosh, THE RING! Simply stunning!
And get this, my granddaughter Emolyn has been calling Aaron "Uncle Aaron" since she was born, and now he will officially become her Uncle Aaron. How cool is that!


3 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

I am so happy for you and your daughter...girl, you have NO idea how much work there is...trust me!

brandi76 said...

I am so happy for them! When Shawn and Aaron came to Ok a few years ago, Kathy told me that he was the boy that miranda liked. I am excited to come to the wedding and visit your wonderful family and see all the new babies!

Unknown said...

Linda, I'm SO happy for you and for your family! What a blessing it must be to not only know that your daughter has found a man who will love and honor her--but that you actually LIKE him too! LOL I have always prayed that my brothers would marry girls that I like. :)

SO thrilled for you! Now you get to plan a wedding!