Sunday, August 30, 2009

Drives of a Lifetime


The morning we left to head back to Phoenix, it was 41 degrees. We drove 15 straight hours through some of the most breathtaking scenery I've ever seen. Ironically, we happened to drive on two of the 50 "Drives of a Lifetime" listed in National Geographic Traveler magazine.
~ Southwest Four Corners
~ Navajo Lands, Arizona
I'm not kidding, at times we felt like we were driving on the moon or Mars or something. Strangely beautiful, bizarre landforms.


We also drove through the Arches National Park in Utah. WOW! Truly jaw-dropping! They call the above rock formation The Three Gossips.


Take a look at the photo that Nancy took of the Wilson Arch! (below) I took that same photo on our way home... but there wasn't anyone under the arch like in Nancy's photo. Really wanted to show you just how ginormous the Wilson Arch really is!


As I said, after 15 glorious hours on the road, we arrive in Tempe, AZ and it's 100 degrees at 10 PM. Ahh, yes, home sweet home. We question why in the heck we live here, but come January, we'll remember why :)

2 comments:

Judy said...

I haven't visited here in a long while...so I'm catching up. Thanks for sharing your pic's from Utah and Colorado...they are on our list of driving vacations for sometime soon. Happy 30th anniversary!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Linda,
How are you girl? I sure wish I could send you some apples!! I have them coming out of my ears! What lovely pics you have here,looks like as fabulous trip you had. I will e-mail about making the pics bigger. It's not hard once you get the hang of it. Another lady e-mailed me directions so I will go back and look at hers! Now, about that weather! Could you please cool it down for us before late October? hehe. I feel bad for you guys but your right, come January it will be good! Hugs, Cindy