Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Eve '11


We had our family Christmas on Christmas Eve Day...


and it began with a yummy breakfast ~ tons of eggs, bacon and cinnamon rolls!


Our blue-eyed Elsie girl (1) is quite the character. I love how different her and her sister are. Makes me all the more excited to meet their little brothers in April. OH! Didn't I tell you? They found out last week that the twins are IDENTICAL BOYS!! I know!! Can you imagine a year from now?!


Two years ago we drove to Wisconsin on Christmas morning for my Dad's funeral.
We took so many beautiful winter pictures on that trip, that Randy had them put on a slideshow through his iPod onto our TV screen. 
We have them playing every day and I love it so much.


I bought these gloves for the girls through Groopdealz
Thank you Heidi for sharing this awesome sight with me!


We got Emolyn (3) her very own microphone and let me tell you, she knew immediately what to do. The girl can sing and perform like nobody's business! She has every Taylor Swift move down pat. She writes all her own songs and the words are pretty hysterical at times.
I could watch her sing all day.

 

We always have the usual spiral ham and raisin sauce (made using our first lemons of the season), potato casserole and Rhodes rolls. Love that meal.


Then we gather around the table and decorate Christmas cookies for dessert. I have the best gingerbread cut out cookie recipe that I've been using since I purchased my large yellow fix-n-mix bowl at a Tupperware party in the early 80's. Feels kind of strange to find out that something I purchased new back int the 80's is now considered vintage. Mmm...


Our dear friends Terry & Nancy came over and helped us decorate cookies too.
Nancy has quite the artistic flare for decorating. Thanks Nancy!


Then it was time for jammies so these two could snuggle down for a long winter's nap.
Cuz guess what girls? Tomorrow's Christmas!
I'm sharing my story here ~
Saturday Nite Special

No comments: