Saturday, October 27, 2007

kate spade bag

Are you thinking I spent that much for this darling bag? Do you not know me better than that!
Here's the story. Well, I happened upon my neighbor's yard sale this morning and we became fast friends. She's from Minnesota, so what's not to like about a fellow-mid-westerner! My eyes quickly landed on this hot pink wicker bag. I put my glasses on and saw what she paid for it and thought no way... she probably wants more than I want to spend. She quickly told me she doesn't put prices on her items, because she heard you could make more by not going to all that work. I told her I do the same thing... but that I didn't want to insult her, so she needed to name her price for the bag. She asked if FIVE DOLLARS was OK. I choked out a YES as calmly as I could! Can you believe it?! And I love it to pieces! Oh and the inside is black with white polka dots! Tooo cute!
I'm not a designer kinda gal, so it's not about getting a kate spade purse... it's about getting something I LOVE for a song!!

8 comments:

Miranda said...

Jana had a Kate Spade purse that she simply referred to at "Kate." It was like the purse was another friend of ours. So when we'd go out at night she would say, "Kate's coming too." It was funny. I'm glad you have a friend Kate now too.

Nonie said...

way too cute!

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Linda, what a find!! It's absolutely adorable. I would have snapped that up in a New York minute myself.

Blessings!

Sher

Angie in AZ said...

OK, I'm so out of the designer loop that I've never even heard of Kate but wow, what a cute purse! I love it! Now, I'm not a pink gal but this is one cute purse!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! A real Kate Spade for $5--that's like a yard sale urban legend or something. :) The only Kate Spades I've ever seen for that price were fakes, LOL. Miss kate is just gorgeous--enjoy her!

Cindy said...

Wow, what a deal!

Denise Marie said...

you were so blessed!! I'd have freaked if I saw that Kate Spade basket/bag for $5.

suzieQ said...

This is my first time at your blog, love your aprons and I recognize the excitement when you find something you absolutely love, but...tell me it's not true about pricing at yard sales? I hate when things aren't marked...I know that's a strong word, but that's how strongly I feel about it.
There's a great flea market near me and most dealers don't mark their things...I really hope this isn't a lasting trend.

Sorry to complain, but maybe others feel the same or else I'm the only negative Nelly.