Wednesday, August 08, 2012

emolyn's pretend campfire


Emolyn's Fairy House is now her camping tent. Each week when she spends the night, she sleeps in her Fairy House, but now she pretends she's camping deep in the forest. It's the cutest thing. This morning when she woke up, she remembered the campfire logs I found on Craig's List several months ago for $5.00. So we plugged it in and she roasted marshmallows inside the tent. Yes, those logs have a flickering orange light plus makes the sound of a crackling fire ~ I know, for $5.00! And here's the funny part, when I called the gal that had it listed on Craig's List, I found out she lives in the far west valley, but she says she will meet me half way. When I tell her I'm coming from Tempe, she tells me she works in Tempe ~ and get this, less than a mile from my house! So we meet at the Circle K on the corner during her lunch hour the next day. She hands me the campfire logs. I hand her $5.00. The easiest transaction I've ever made. And seriously, looks and sounds like a real campfire ~ especially to a 4 year old with a vivid imagination.

No comments: