Monday, October 26, 2009

My Cozy Cottage on wheels!!


Can you believe it! She's ours!
You know how much I've talked about one day having my very own cozy cottage in the woods? Well, my dream has come true! Only this is my cozy cottage on wheels... that will transport me to the enchanted forest of my dreams. Ok, so I got carried away... I meant the woods.

How cute is my little 1976 Travette travel trailer! Like way cute. Like, talk amongst yourselves way cute! Like... ok, you get my drift... my cozy cottage is way cute!
I know, it's not the '56 Shasta of my dreams. They either cost a pretty penny... or they need total restoration. This one was hit the road ready and totally within our budget. And the whole 70's motif? It's growing on me. Throw in some tangerine orange and you've got my kitchen colors when I married in '79. (aka Tupperware colors)


Here's the scoop-

~ found her on Craig's List
~ located near Chino Valley
~ that was the main reason for our 356 mile Sunday drive
~ it was love at first sight
~ totally restored to our satisfaction
~ the bench seat & cushions make into a queen bed
~ a 13 footer which was exactly what we wanted
~ only $1100.00. Such a sweet deal!
~ fits in our side yard perfectly
~ and doubles as Emolyn's playhouse

Randy & I are so excited to take it up to the Mogollon Rim and experience our first rainfall inside our cozy cottage. Can you imagine the sound of the rain pelting on the aluminum roof? Heavenly.


Basically she's a step up from camping in our van. We are now camping in a travel trailer where we can actually sit at our table and play cards, watch dvd's, share meals, scrapbook, write blog posts on my Mac, sip mugs of hot chocolate, read books... whatever suits our fancy! And when we're tired, we make it into a queen bed, turn out the lights and call it a day. Heavenly.

So, my awesome husband and cute sons are bringing her home today. And I get to spend the day with Emolyn while they make the road trip up north... praying they make it home safely.
And in case I don't say it enough... thank you Randy! I love you. You're my favorite husband ever :)


All of the above pics were taken upon meeting her for the very first time. Ain't she a beauty!

14 comments:

Amy T Schubert said...

o my goodness so so cute. It's totally you. Can't wait to see how you use it and all the vacations you take now (now that you are no longer sleeping in the van!).
so fun!
xo

Kristen said...

I love love love it! I am jealous in such a good way and hope too we can own one!!! I love the green but I would have to throw in some orange and guess what that would be my kitchen now-olive green and orange!

Judi said...

I'm so jealous!......as you can imagine. :-) Loved seeing you at the retreat this past weekend!

Skerrib said...

Love. It. She's perfect. You need some orange in there!

Unknown said...

Ooh, it's darling! Like a playhouse for grown-ups. :) I just know you'll have all kinds of fun adventures with Randy in your cute little Cozy Cottage. :)

Michelle Ellis said...

I would love to come see it!! So excited for you!
Michelle

NanAZ said...

It looks like it's in GREAT shape and I can just imagine all the cute things you'll find and make for it. I'll bet you'll find some awesome vintage fabric or linens at your little thrift store too.

Can't wait to have a tour!

Of course, it means more pressure for Terry to get something to camp in.

Laurie - Lolo So Retro said...

Oh, how fun!!! Enjoy!

Unknown said...

so when are you coming to wisconsin with you cottage?

Vanessa said...

Oh I want one!!!!! ENJOY!

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

I can so relate to this! We have also been SLOWLY updating our used camper! Every spring we try to do one project on it before we head out for the summer. I will have to take some pictures as I never thought about posting them on my blog!! I sure find it hard to work in such a tiny area! Thanks for sharing!

Glimpse of My World said...

Just wondering if you still have her and if you love her as much as you did the day you got her.... we are taking ours out tomnorrow for the maiden voyage! we are beyond excited!

MJ said...

Linda, I want a cottage just like yours. Omg Im in love....who needs a studio I can park that maybe in the side yard and runaway from time to time to my fairytale land of design. lol

Mary said...

That is adorable! I found my Shasta LoFlyte on Craigslist and she's not half as cute as your little one .. LOVE the green! I'm redoing my interior and gonna paint the exterior in good time ... projects galore but gives us something to do in the winter. Can't wait to take her out for her first trip at the end of the month! :)