Friday, October 30, 2009

this 'n that

~ the last couple mornings I woke up to 38 degree temps! I know. It's actually been colder here than in Wisconsin. And I'm lovin it!

~ I spent the last couple days fluffing my little cottage on wheels. I'm determined to decorate with what I already have. But then...

~ I found the perfect 70's welcome mat at Goodwill on Wednesday. Marked at $7.99. No way. But it was 1/2 off all purple tags. Still no way. But at 9 am yesterday it was 99 cents. Ok, now you're talkin. And SO worth the gamble. It was still there. Don't you just love it? And you're thinking, heck ya it was still there! Who else would want it! Ok, I'll admit, I wasn't too worried.


~ I love pork. So I made my yummy pork & scalloped potato skillet meal last night. So yummy!

~ I had planned to go buy some Rhodes frozen dinner rolls and fresh rosemary so I could make THESE to go with the meal. I didn't get around to it but I will someday soon. Cuz how can you go wrong cooking in cast iron. Randy & I both grew up with Mom's that cooked with cast iron and now I do. And my daughter-in-law does too.

~ I'm attending an Arizona Bloggers luncheon today. I can't wait to tell you all about it!

~ And a Wine & Cheese tasting party tonight. Good times.

3 comments:

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Hello Linda....I had to run over and tell you how much fun it was to sit by you and talk to you today. I will be lurking on your blog to catch up on you! We have so got to get together again soon. Know of any cute stores by you that I NEED to go to???

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Linda!
I was so thrilled to meet you today, and I so enjoyed visiting with you, Cindy, Laura and CeeKay.

I looked for you all when I came out of the store, but couldn't find anyone in the parking lot, so I didn't get to say good-bye. I didn't know where you all went, so sorry I couldn't hug you good-bye. It was so much fun visiting and sharing today. I loved it.

I look forward to our December gathering.

I love this little gnome mat. If I had seen it, you would have had some competition for it. I love it, and I collect gnomes in my backyard, so I would have bought it for a mat for the backdoor. Love it.

I will talk to you soon, and visit often. Thanks for a lovely time. Country hugs and love, Sherry

Skerrib said...

a) That mat is awesome

b) So is cast iron

c) I can't wait to see Lady Gaga