Thursday, June 24, 2010

Emolyn's first overnight

Emolyn Kate recently spent the night with her Mimi & Pop Pop. Oh my gosh, I was in heaven. I was either laughing or smiling the whole time. She brings such joy to our lives. So, before she began playing with the water pump, we had a little photo shoot. She is quite the character when the camera comes out.


Good Lord our grass sure needed mowing. And our lemons are gone. And the heat is on. But this little girl sure makes the summer bearable :)







The other day I commented on her beautifully painted finger nails and toe nails and she replied very matter of fact "Mimi, I did not do it myself, my Mama did." And I'm like, when did she start talking in sentences?! She's so articulate now!


And has such a vivid imagination. I could watch her pretending for hours.


If you read the story HERE about my husband hauling my Grandma's sewing machine back from the farm... well there's the milk can that he hauled back in that same load. God love him.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Emolyn is so sweet. I always enjoy your posts about her. And there she is with that little playhouse she loves. Bet she had a great time with y'all!
Karen
Ladybug Creek

Natasha said...

I cannot believe how big Emolyn has gotten and how beautiful. She is so lucky to have such a great gramma! And I love your new kitchen!

Gina said...

How fun. And what a cutie pie!

Nicole T said...

Emolyn loves the pictures! Thanks for watching her!