Friday, June 18, 2010

antique sewing machine


I have the best husband. Cuz you can't imagine the things I have made him bring back from the farm over the years. He would leave on a midwest concert tour and I would beg him to bring back a piece of my past. And he would.
One such trip was my Grandma Steinke's Montgomery Wards sewing machine. You see, Randy grew up in the Air Force and moved all the time. So trust me when I say, he can pack a vehicle like nobody's business. So it did not surprise me in the least that he found a way to fit this sewing machine in his little Honda Civic Fastback. But lest you think that was all he had on board... well, think again. He also packed a rather large wooden plant stand w/spindle legs, an old farm milk can, his 12 string guitar, boxes of CDs and 2 weeks worth of clothes. We're talking a two-door hatchback! I know, he loves me that much!


Check out these link parties-
~ SHOW AND TELL FRIDAY
~ SHOW OFF YOUR STUFF PARTY
~ SHOW AND TELL WITH LOVE

4 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Love that machine Linda!
What a great treasure for you to have and hubby sounds like a great guy~
Hugs,
Cindy
P.S. It's getting hot and humid here now. 89 today and very humid.

Anonymous said...

What a great piece of your history to have and enjoy. It looks wonderful - especially with your dressforms and aprons vignette. Visiting from Show and Tell Friday~

raggygirlvintage said...

It looks in wonderful condition and so special to have something that has a family history!
Tracey

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

What a fun sweing machine girl...I have one also and just love it to pieces...Hope you have a GREAT weekend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria