Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cath Kidston oil cloth


I finally found a use for the Cath Kidston oil cloth that I bought while visiting our daughter in England a year ago. Do you remember me telling you about entering the Cath Kidston store in Bath and literally shaking I was so excited?! Well you can read all about that memorable moment HERE. Anyway, that precious piece of oil cloth has finally found a home... draped over the darling table & chairs set that Randy & I found last weekend at a yard sale for $15.00! I know!


And just when I thought I couldn't love it any better, I find this set of dishes on clearance at Target last night for $10.00! And yes, the set came with four goblets, real metal flatware and red gingham cloth napkins! (that happen to match the apron that Mrs. McGillicutty is wearing) And the raspberry red plates match the oil cloth roses perfectly. (Double click and see for yourself) Again I was shaking, I was so happy! Randy & I could hardly wait to set the table this morning and anticipate all the meals we will share with our granddaughters in the very near future.


You see, that's the coolest part about the table & chairs set, they are so solid that we can actually sit with her and share a meal while sipping juice from the crystal clear goblets. Ok, so they're plastic, but Emolyn will think they're real. And that's all that matters.

17 comments:

Natasha said...

Oh so beautiful!! What great finds, and that is really enamel ware? That might just be bragging :)

NanAZ said...

So Fun! Love the colors!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is really cute! Love prints and gingham together!

Great deal on the dishes, etc!

Katherine

Jami said...

That is such a cute table with such a great story behind it!
smiles!

www.blackberryvine.blogspot.com

Tricia said...

What a fab find at Target! Those dishes look wonderful on the darling oilcloth! What fun you'll have with your grandchildren enjoying this table!

Rachel said...

I love that oil cloth! Me, I wouldn't be able to part with it for the kiddie table.. I would fold it over as a runner for the big people table! Very sweet :) Thanks for sharing!

Barbara said...

How sweet is this! I just love it!

Sharlotte said...

Cute! Love the colors, so fresh and fun!

Marigene said...

Linda, that is the cutest table, your grands are going to love it! The dishes do match the oilcloth perfectly.

Unknown said...

That is the most charming table. Just for the kids...move over;D

Donna said...

Oh, she has such lovely stuff. Love the colors of that tablecloth.
And the dishes and napkins do match perfectly. Great finds.

Denise Marie said...

Very sweet, indeed!!

Boogieboard Cottage said...

What an adorable little girls table! Everything goes together really well, love the colors! Take care, Mary

Bill said...

So charming! I love the way you describe how excited you get when you find something you love for your table. I know you'll enjoy spending time at this table with your precious granddaughters. When I saw the title of your post, I thought of how my grandmother always kept an oil cloth on her kitchen table -- decorative and so practical!

Heather at Happy Chippy Junk said...

So So cute!! I have a huge crush on Cath too!!

Sandy said...

Hi Linda, Oh my, that is just the cutest. You are clever as always and your granddaughter is adorable. Love and hugs!

The Decorating Diaries said...

Cute, cute, cute. Perfect table and setting.

Janet