Sunday, October 05, 2008

apple picking


Me, Ginny, Mom, Gary and Randy showing off the fruits of our labor. And are these Cortland apples ever crisp and juicy! Randy & I picked two bags (a bushel) to bring back to Phoenix. I'm thinking sweet applesauce for our sweet Emolyn!


My Mom is so active and capable and well... she happens to make the best apple pies on the planet! The apple pies that she brought to the church bazaar auction the other night, went for $20.00 each!

And what did I get at the church bazaar auction? Stay tuned. Cuz it's rather strange. In fact, I could tell you, but without a pic to see for yourself, you would just think I'm crazy. So, check back for the mystery auction item reveal.


Be sure to scroll down to catch all the other posts I've been posting since arriving in Wisconsin. Thanks!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok. I found an information here that i want to look for.

Unknown said...

Very good......

Wendy @ Ramblings from the Sunshine State said...

Oh how I wish we could go pick apples!

Skerrib said...

Mmmmm, I love Cortlands. Do they have honeycrisp out there? Those are really good too.

NanAZ said...

I'm always so amazed at the many different types of apples you see now. Have there always been so many or was I just not paying attention when I was younger?

We got a couple of new kinds in New Hampshire. "Mutsu", a Japanese descendent of Golden Delicious, and "Fortune", a cross between a "Shropshire Spy" and and "Empire" (developed at Cornell University). Who knew they traced the geneologies of apples! They were exceptional though.

How about a home group apple treat sometime? Just sliced apples (with a little caramel dip) would be awesome!

Tricia said...

Your mom's apple pies must have a good reputation. I would sure like to have been at that auction.

Nicole T said...

I can't wait until you guys get home and I can have YOUR apple pie! Your crust is so delicious! And I decided I want to make apple rings, dehydrate some apple slices for a snack!