Thursday, October 04, 2012

entryway transformation

Before ~



       After ~

















My friend Laura ~ Decor to Adore ~ inspired me to transform my entryway for Fall. So yesterday I did just that. But you know how it goes, one thing leads to another ~ "hey honey, let's clear out the whole entryway!"... and "why not hose the heck out of it!"... and "hey, umm, can you lay bricks so my display shelf doesn't sit on rocks and dirt?".
But in the end, sooo worth it when I can finally start decorating for Fall!


One of the front porches that Laura posted HERE inspired me to gather my rake heads and create this little vignette. Yes, I happen to have 4 vintage rake heads and all are very different. Ok, I had five, but one is in my walk-in closet holding all my necklaces. 
So anyway, I decided to put tea lights in my Sandbakkel tins and set them on the rake head.


And for those of you that don't know what Sandbakkels are ~ click HERE. So yummy!


Pinterest has given me oodles of ideas for incorporating my rake heads both indoor and outdoors. I've pinned several ideas on my repurposed vintage board ~ wine glasses, garden tools, coffee cups, keys, sunglasses, jewelry, just to name a few.


Don't you just love my repurposed sandbakkle rake head lighting? I sure do.


I attached my favorite one, a vintage green rake head, above the mirror to the left of my entryway, so I could hang a string of black metal cat lights. Cute or what!


I could hardly wait to photograph my transformed entryway ~ or is it a front porch, or an alcove, or maybe an atrium? Who cares. So before the sun came up this morning I attempted a few shots...


... and then again two hours later.


 And then this one when I was finally done decorating. I am beyond pleased.
Love the simplicity. Love the cleanliness.
The three pumpkins on the display shelf and the black cat lights are all on a timer. I just need to remember to light the pumpkin scented tea lights on the rake head when company comes.
Hope this inspires you to decorate for Fall! Oh, and it didn't cost me one cent :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the rake head with the little tins! So pretty! Love those cool black cat lights too.

Decor To Adore said...

Oh this looks fantastic and I know you must feel so pleased to have things fresh and cozy for fall.
Its wonderful when we can transform without spending a dime. :)

Beth_Sandra said...

You and my mom have so much in common! Mom loves making these types of vignettes. She calls it "creating a scene."

Too cute!

Nancy said...

I love the vignettes! Looks like you're ready for Fall. I'm hoping to do some decorating next week.