Wednesday, November 07, 2012

backyard transformation


I love before & after photos, don't you? Here's just a few...
The wedding party arrived a couple hours before the wedding rehearsal on Friday to set up 32 round tables & 250 chairs and transformed an already breathtaking backyard into Miranda's dream wedding.


And this was 24 hours later ~ a couple hours before the wedding ceremony was to begin.
Oh my gosh, truly the most beautiful wedding venue I could have ever imagined for my daughter's wedding!


The wedding was in the backyard of the Hearn House in Phoenix. An Arts and Crafts style home, that I have coveted for over 20 years, when I first began calling it my house. Yes, whenever we'd drive by I would say, "Oh look honey, there's my house." 
And my husband would say "Sugar, if I ever win the lottery I will buy you that house."
And I would reply "Oh honey, I would be happy just going to a yard sale there and then asking to use their bathroom so I could see the inside."
Well, I can imagine God getting all excited ~ 
"She has no idea that one day her daughter will be getting married there! Gosh I love my job!" Ok, so maybe He didn't say it quite like that. :)
But yes, you can imagine my complete and utter joy when I found out my daughter was getting married at ~ MY HOUSE! All these years, and we had no idea they even had occasional weddings in that backyard!


The Hearn House was built in 1906, and has a beautiful balcony that overlooks this enchanted backyard. I knew that some time during the reception I would walk out onto that balcony and take in the the sights below ~ friends and family celebrating and dancing and laughing, eating and drinking and loving one another. I had to somehow capture it, so I would never forget how this moment made me feel. 
Good Lord, I was not in Phoenix, Arizona anymore. I was in heaven.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

It looks beautiful and what a great story! Congratulations to your daughter and new son-in-law!

Hildred Congdon said...

Things that should be considered in choosing the perfect wedding location are the guests, the kind of ceremony, and how far you think you could go. The wedding is about the groom and bride, but the guests shouldn't be forgotten, too. How many guests are you expecting? Are they bringing their car or do they have kids with them? Also, you should decide if it's going to be a religious ceremony. Do you want it in the church, or a simple garden wedding? Lastly, think about how much effort can you do and how willing are you to commit. These considerations will help you decide which location you should choose.

Crystal Gardens Banquet Center