Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Mimi's Cafe

Daddy & Daughter

Uncle Tyler & Emolyn


Pop Pop & Emolyn
Emolyn & Aunt Miranda


Emolyn & Mommy

Emolyn & Mimi

Welcome to Mimi's Cafe!
That's what I call the little kitchen I created 
for my granddaughters.
And that's what my granddaughters call me~ Mimi! 
I found the table & chairs for $15.00 at a yard sale 
and didn't have to do a thing to it.
It' so sturdy and comfortable for any size dinner guest.
The Cath Kidston oil cloth was bought in Bath, England.
We were visiting our daughter Miranda who was studying in England for 6 months and it was my dream to actually enter a Cath Kidston store.
And it was everything and more than I could have imagined.
Read about my visit HERE.
I was thrilled to later find a set of dishes at Target 
that matches the oil cloth perfectly.
Everything on that table (BELOW) came with the set of dishes-
on clearance for ten dollars!
That post can be found HERE.


The old wooden sink & stove was a find at Goodwill for ten dollars and we later added a tall wooden backsplash of hooks 
to hang the pots & pan set from IKEA,
along with a metal strip for various magnetic containers.
You can see her wooden kitchen up close & personal HERE.
So fun having Emolyn cooking in her kitchen 
while I'm cooking and baking in mine.
(clic to enlarge each pic)

11 comments:

Dianna said...

Looks like a granddaugter's dream! How fun!

Dianna
www.thesedaysofmine.com

Anonymous said...

The grand daughter may enjoy it but we big people like it too.

Unknown said...

I love the table.How fun !!Love the Cath Kidston oil cloth too!She has some really good products.Have a bright day..Chickie

Unknown said...

Thanks for coming by my blog.I live over here in Garden Lakes,Avondale.We moved out here in July.We are from Il.My husband is from Chicago and i lived in Dixon.Very small town.It is about 2 hrs from Chicago. I too have 2 grandchildren.Boys.One on the way beginning of June.They live in IL still.So where are some good thrift stores?? be in touch.It sure is windy..Chickie

SLR said...

i just adore "mimi's cafe"! love the cute photos as well!!

Michele said...

I'm visiting from Tuesday Treasures. This is just too precious! I love the last photo with the vintage table cloth and lovely red and white dishes. What a dream for a little girl!

Lynn said...

Adorable, I'm sure many fun memories will be made around this table-enjoy:@)

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

So fun stopping by to meet you! Very sweet place you have here. The table and chairs set is perfect for your precious little girlfriend :)

raggygirlvintage said...

So fun, I'm sure there will be lots of special memories created at that little table! I had a similar set when my kids were younger and they had all their meals there, played with playdo and had tea parties!
Tracey

Anonymous said...

Is there anything better than finding a bargain, especially one sure to bring so many smiles. Every little girl loves having her own special place, and you've made one for your granddaughter.

Anonymous said...

Uncle Tyler doesn't look quite so comfortable, but it looks like she was thrilled having all of her family members at that table! I'm sure many memories will be made there, and the tablecloth and dishes are so bright and cheery! How cute!