Monday, October 09, 2006

the Grand Canyon!


Randy and I took my brother Gary and his wife Kathy to the Grand Canyon on Saturday and had the BEST time!
Gary and Kathy are from WI and this was their first trip to Arizona.
We left early Sat. morning... the weather at the Canyon was a perfect 64 degrees... Randy, Kathy and I hiked a mile down into the Canyon and then headed back up.... Gary went another mile and we all got out around the same time! Gary is in great shape and the rest of us just aren't BUT we would love to go all the way down to the Colorado River next time! And by golly, WE WILL!


We then drove back through Flagstaff and down into Oak Creek Canyon through Sedona and back to Phx.


It's always good to see our state through the eyes of friends and family and be reminded of how beautiful and breathtaking the great state of Arizona really is!

3 comments:

NanAZ said...

Excellent pics! Sounds like a great day!

Anonymous said...

okay okay I guess next time I will pick the grand canyon to go see instead of disneyland! But wait now I have kids so that might not work...I would be stressed out the whole time worrying about kennady...the crazy little thing!

Suzy ~ lorenzstudio said...

Oak Creek Canyon and Sedona are 2 of my favorite places. My husband and I had a blast on our honeymoon mountain biking in Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon is one of the most beautiful places I have been backpacking. Thanks for sharing your pictures.