Tuesday, November 06, 2007

apple pie

This is all I have to show from our family gathering last night... the apple pie I made from the apples I brought back from Wisconsin. I couldn't believe I forgot to take any pictures! Well, they loved the pie along with the split peas soup and the Honeybaked ham and the scalloped potatoes. A delicious Fall meal was devoured by all, along with lots of sweet love and laughter!

Later as I climbed into bed, I was tired but so happy, and I sensed some of that familiar contentment going on inside... and... dare I say, a smidgen of peace and... could it be... umm... joy?!
Aaah yes, joy. Yup, it's all coming back to me now.
Thank you God.

9 comments:

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Linda, that sounds like the "perfect" fall meal (even if you are in Arizona LOL!)

It snowed (no accumulation) here in Michigan today. . . can you believe that?

Blessings,

Sher

Miranda said...

I had so much fun last night!!! Still loving my silverware!!!

Anonymous said...

Nummy nums.

Diana LaMarre said...

Hi Linda,
I am so glad you are feeling better. Your meal sounds delish. There is nothing like apple pie in the fall!

Sandy said...

Yum! Is that a Pampered Chef pie pan?

We had the BEST apple pie last night at a bday party. My friend, Pam, is an amazing baker :)

Warm with icecream on top. :)

Lizzie said...

Oh that was a perfect fall dinner shared with family. Love it!

Even the singular piece of pie took a good picture- it must of been beautiful- and yummy!

Lori said...

Linda, It maybe early morning but that meal sounds so yummy to me! I'm so happy you have these wonderful fall memories of your trip home. Lori

Nancy said...

Sound like a perfect evening and you even have a slice of pie for later.

Anonymous said...

Oh yum, this crazy diet I'm on has me craving apple pie! Instead I stick to plain old apples and just imagine it's pie. sigh. It's just not the same, you know!