Wednesday, July 15, 2009

this 'n that

~ Tyler's ankle was NOT broken! It's a sprain. What they thought were bone fragments on the x-rays were calcium deposits from an old trampoline injury. (I think it was a miracle!) So he's walking on a special boot for 2 weeks and that's it!! SOOO happy!! Thanks for praying.

~ We're still going shopping at Target today so he can ride the scooter. Don't tell me you haven't wanted an excuse to drive one of those around.

~ Happy Birthday to my sister and friend Ginny! Can't wait to see her in September at our niece Erica's wedding! We both LOVE to dance and plan to dance the night away at the reception. She's 5 years older than me... so she would come home and teach me all the latest dances in the 70's. I always knew the latest dance moves before anyone else. I was groovy & hip like that.

~ I am taking the rest of the summer off from work. I can't tell you how good I feel about my decision. For the first couple days I just walked around in my jammies touching everything... getting reacquainted with my stuff. Sorta like a dog marking his territory. Ok, so not quite the same. But still.

~ I'm a homemaker. Always will be a homemaker. It's what I do.

~ I cleaned & oiled my 35 year old sewing machine on Monday and she purrs like a kitten now. You seamstresses know exactly what I'm talking about. Man, she was running rough and rickety there for a while. But since the cleaning, she hums along beautifully while putting out the prettiest of stitches. I had a couple thread catcher orders to fill and I FINALLY finished them. Yeh for ME!

~ I am attending the Antiques Roadshow here in Phoenix on August 1st!! You heard that right! I am SOOO excited to be there... to people watch... to see all the interesting, eclectic, strange items that people bring! Thanks Nancy for inviting me to use your other ticket. We are allowed to bring two items for appraisal. However will I narrow it down to just two.

~ And last, but certainly not least... my Dad was put in a nursing home last week. He has Alzheimer. I still can't wrap my brain around the fact that my Dad, who at 83 years old is walking around the farm one day and the next, is confined to four walls. I hate this disease. I hate that this disease has robbed my Dad of his mind. Even though we knew the time was near... you can never fully prepare yourself for such an event. It's heartbreaking...

5 comments:

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Hey Linda,

So sorry to hear about your dad. Will be praying...

Joanne

Skerrib said...

I'm sad to hear about your dad...that's really, really hard.

Going to Target to ride the scooter--awesome. I would totally do that if I sprained or broke myself.

Laurie - Lolo So Retro said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. I know it is hard for all of you to see him somewhere other than his home. It is heartbreaking what this disease does to families and individuals. Good thoughts to all of you.

Jan said...

Hi Linda...so happy Tyler didn't break the ankle, but scooting around at Target sounds like a fun way to spend an hour or so! : )
I am so saddened to hear about your Dad. You are all in my prayers.
Jan

Lori said...

Linda
I am so sorry to hear about your dad. Gosh, you just never know, and this disease is so sad. Hang in there we're here for you! Love,Lori