Friday, April 15, 2011

a spacious place


"He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of the deep waters.  He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes who were too strong for me.  They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the Lord was my support.  He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me." 2 Samuel 22:17-20

Wow. Where have those verses been my whole life? Love that " He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me". There is nothing I desire more right now than to be transported to a spacious place... to bask in quiet rest... to know His peace and assurance.
So this morning when I found these verses posted on one of my favorite blogs, I couldn't believe how true these words applied to my life. I started journaling again just hours before I found these verses... desperate to hear His voice. And then He speaks to me through His Word... posted on  THIS  blog. 
I don't know when I have come upon such timely Truth, nor experienced such delight and favor. 
I am lost for words.
(photo taken by my friend Linda at the Hand in Hand reunion)

2 comments:

Mindy said...

Beautiful! I just love the picture, the verses and your thoughts. They all go hand-in-hand.

Dianna said...

I agree with MommaMindy - everything fits together perfectly in this post!