Friday, May 20, 2011

this and that

  • dreaming of hitting the road in our cozy cottage on wheels.
  • loving that the temps in Phoenix have been 15 degrees below average.
  • found out I have a Vitamin D deficiency.
  • yes, even though I live in the Valley of the Sun, I'm rarely ever in the sun.
  • my Mom is recovering nicely from knee replacement.
  • Randy & I are driving to Wisconsin so I can spend some time with her.
  • we are praying for overcast, rainy travel days.
  • with occasional thunderstorms here and there.
  • I don't like traveling with the sun beating on me.
  • my husband's angiogram yesterday showed no blockage. Thank you Jesus!
  • Randy's Dad and brother both had open heart surgery. So far so good for Randy.
  • I am so happy Haley was voted off Idol.
  • but concerned that Scotty and Lauren are so young.
  • I will be glued to the TV all next week.
  • Dancing, Losers and Idol finale shows coming up.
  • and Oprah's final shows.
  • her Tribute to Freedom Riders nearly broke my heart. I couldn't stop crying.
me, my nephew Aaron and Linda
33 years ago this week Linda & I headed back to Wisconsin.
These two farm girls arrived in Phoenix 8 months before
and witnessed God's faithfulness in ways we never thought possible.
I had just met my future husband just two months prior to leaving
at a Hand in Hand concert.
On our way home, we stopped in Oklahoma to visit my sister Kathy. 
How cute is her darling little boy singing his precious little heart out!
Such sweet memories.
To all you inquiring minds, that's a Takamine guitar, not a Martin.

1 comment:

Brenda said...

I hope your mom recovers as quickly as my dad did. If so, you may not be able to keep up with her by the time you get there.