Monday, May 27, 2013

Decoration Day

my nephew Alex, my brother Gary and my sister Kathy
I grew up calling it Decoration Day
A day to remember the men and women that died while serving in the United States Armed Forces, by decorating the graves with flowers and flags.


This is my Dad's headstone in our church cemetery back home in Wisconsin.
Such a beautiful, peaceful place.

my nephew Parker
We now call it Memorial Day
a day set aside to remember all who served our country in the military.
Thank you for serving, so we could have freedom today.


And where else do you find cows grazing next to a cemetery? 
Well, in Wisconsin of course. :)

Please take a moment and read THIS post about my Dad's service to our country.
Oh, and come see what my Dad did in 1968 to welcome home two local farm boys that were returning home from Vietnam ~ click HERE.

3 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

What a beautiful post Linda!
I recognize that cemetery too.
But of course cows by a cemetery in Wisconsin!!!
Happy Memorial Day friend,
Cindy

{oc cottage} said...

Great post!!!!

m ^..^

Victoria said...

My dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's disease his symptoms were shuffling of feet,slurred speech, low volume speech, degradation of hand writing, horrible driving skills, right arm held at 45 degree angle, but now he finally free from the disease with the help of total cure from ULTIMATE LIFE CLINIC, he now walks properly and all symptoms has reversed, he had trouble with balance especially at night, getting into the shower and exiting it is difficult,getting into bed is also another thing he finds impossible.we had to find a better solution for his condition which has really helped him a lot,the biggest helped we had was ultimate life clinic they walked us through the proper steps,am highly recommended this www.ultimatelifeclinic.com to anyone who needs help.