Thursday, November 02, 2006

ampersand


Ampersand.
A month ago I had never heard the word.
I first saw the word in print... and then I was the first to ever utter the word. I am serious, I had never heard that word out loud! EVER!
So anyway... ever since... I have had this thing for ampersands.
I have always liked using ampersands... I just didn't know that they were called an ampersand. Did you?
So once I made this discovery... I googled the word... and learned alot about ampersands. Most people abuse the sign. I for one, will continue to do so.
So if you know me at all, you know what I'm about to say, don't you... I want an ampersand. I want one to display in my scrapbook room. But not just any old ampersand... a real cool one. And if I happen to find a couple unique ones that suit my fancy... I'm thinking collection!
Here's where you come in. I am looking to the blog community to direct me to some awesome ampersands. I went on Ebay... saw nothing that rocked my world.
Help me... so that I can move on from this ampersand obsession & onto another &...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're totally crazy ...

Ampersand.

It is fun to say, though ....

Anonymous said...

wait wait wait ....

"scrapbook room"? really?

Anonymous said...

http://www.heirloomwoodentoys.com/Nostalgic-Wooden-Blocks-Symbol-pr-17184.html

http://archives.decorativeobjects.oneofakindantiques.com/5279_19th_c_antique_gold_leaf_ampersand_wood_sign__1.htm

scroll down in this one because there are a few:

http://www.become.com/shop?q=ampersand

thats all for now..

Jennifer Sizemore said...

I love them, too!
Check out my blog entry today for a great list of letters (and puncuation)

Nancy said...

AMPERSAND... well I just never get to old to learn something new. That is a word that I have never heard of and I appreciate your making me a more "worldly persont" (or is that "wordy person...HA)! That's what blog friends are for... have a great weekend.