Wednesday, March 31, 2010

the scent of citrus


This is the time of year that the air is filled with the sweet scent of orange blossoms. I love it! It also means that our lemons & oranges are ready for harvest. We have a Navel orange tree plus a fruit cocktail tree full of lemons & grapefruit. The branch that once produced the Valencia oranges broke off several years ago. But how cool that for many years we had a tree that produced lemons, oranges & grapefruit!


But harvesting our citrus will have to wait for a couple weeks, till our kitchen remodel is complete. I can hardly wait to put up gallons of lemonade concentrate for the summer and trays & trays of orange juice cubes for smoothies. But till then I will have to settle for a pretty display of lemons on my new/old farmhouse table. Literally the only thing in my kitchen!



My friend Sandy @ RELUCTANT ENTERTAINER is hosting Home is... a delicious scent party!! Check out all the other party participants!


5 comments:

Sandy said...

I am so jealous that you have all of those lemons! And oranges too, right? I, too, love the smell of citrus. YUM.

Thanks for linking up today Linda! :)

happileah said...

Wow! Having a citrus tree must be like heaven~ that's so cool :)

Kirstin said...

Oh, yummy! I'm with Sandy...so jealous!!!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh, they are beautiful Linda! The scent must be out of this world. Guess what? We were almost 80 degrees today, it was amazing!
Have a wonderful Easter too,
Cindy

Enid said...

WHat a blessing to have those growing in your property! Mmmm