Friday, January 21, 2011

my 4-H blog friend



Just when you think you've got enough blogs to read...
along comes a blog with the cutest name and you can't help but check it out. 
I instantly knew that Applestone Cottage was my kind of blog, 
when the very first post that I saw 
was a trip that the blogger had taken to the Mississippi River. 


Mmm, she lives in Wisconsin, actually quite close to where I grew up. 
And her son lives in Tempe, where I currently live. 


This was getting more interesting with every post I read. 
Especially when I found out her name was Cindy. 
Because I instantly thought of someone I knew back in my high school 4-H days.
Cindy & I both entered our sewing garments in the Jackson County Fair 
and competed against each other at the annual Jackson County Dress Revue.
Just so you know, we're talking over 35 years ago! 


Well I couldn't stand it any longer. I had to know. 
Could this be my long-lost 4-H friend Cindy?
She was not only the Cindy from my 4-H years... 
but she was also married to someone I went to high school with!!


Cindy & I have had more fun reconnecting through our blogs 
and emails for the past two years
and I always look forward to her visits to see her son and daughter-in-law
and all her Arizona blogger friends.


Last Saturday she came over and we talked non-stop 
for hours while thrifting and yard saling.
Our 3 month old granddaughters were born two days apart,
so we had lots to talk about, as only grandmas can. haha!


Check out the sweet post she posted on her blog about her visit to my home, 
along with pictures of my craft/sewing room  HERE.
Thanks Cindy! Can't wait for you & Dan to be snowbirds in Arizona someday!

4 comments:

Dianna said...

WOW! How cool is that!? So glad the two of you reconnected. You have so many things in common: granddaughters so close in age....

Dianna
www.thesedaysofmine.com

Keetha Broyles said...

The blogging world is sometimes very small, no?

I'm hoping now that I live in Wisconsin again, Cindy and I will be able to connect on a regular basis.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

It is an amazing story isn't it!
Linda, it was 22 below zero here!
I am anxious to be a snowbird!!!
Hugs and Happy weekend,
I am inside staying warm and babysitting the grandbaby!
Cindy
And go Pack!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

That is so awesome! How wonderful that you all got to visit in person.Isn't blogging great?