Sunday, June 26, 2011

5000 miles ~ 11 states


Let's wrap it up folks, with one last post from our trip to Wisconsin
We were bracing ourselves for some smoky haze on I-40 because of the AZ Wildfires,
but the winds shifted and we had clear sailing into Arizona.


We were sad to hear at this point in our trip
that over 400,000 acres were burning and 0% contained.


I love these old Route 66 relics against some of the most breathtaking rock formations ever.


I have said it before and I will say it again... Arizona is still one of my most favorite states!
Randy & I drove over 5000 miles through
Arizona, Colorado, Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin and back through
Iowa, Minnesota, Missouri, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas and New Mexico.
And I still got excited and full of pride when we passed this sign. 
Randy & I have also made plans to celebrate Arizona's 100th Birthday this year
with trips to the Grand Canyon North Rim and the Antelope Canyon near Page in August ~
in addition to several trips to the Mogollon Rim above Payson in our cozy cottage on wheels.
I can hardly wait to hit the road again!

1 comment:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

What a fabulous journey! Growing up, we took 2-week family vacations every year. Colorado and Arizona were some of our favorite destinations; such contrasting environments. So very sad about the wildfires. Have a wonderful day. Tammy