Thursday, November 10, 2011

me 'n em baking pies


Welcome to my cooking show! So excited that you could join us!
Let me introduce you to my lovely assistant Emolyn Kate.
Emolyn, why don't you tell our viewing audience what we'll be baking for them today?


And just like that Emolyn entered into the world of television... 
pretending we were doing a cooking show. And the girl has stage presence!


We'll be making apple pies today! Back to you Mimi.
(ok, so I made up that last line)


She was so fascinated watching me crimp my pie crust... 
that she could hardly wait to crimp her very own pie crust edges.


And crimp she did! 
She crimped and crimped till I thought our viewers might be a little crimped out.
(ok, I made that up too)


Ladies and gentlemen, presenting emolyn kate's impeccably crimped apple pie!


When the pies came out of the oven,
I did what any pie maker does. I took them outside to be photographed.
(oh, you don't do that?)


And how cool that those fall leaves landed so perfectly next to the pies.


Aren't they so pretty. me 'n em think so.


I'm sort of a bokeh junky... which is what I was trying to capture in these outside shots.

I know what you're thinkin' ~ pies and bokeh pie pics! Doesn't get much better than that! ha!

Linking this post to ~

4 comments:

Anita Diaz said...

Oh Linda, yum, yum, yum!!! They look so pretty, and what a beautiful assistant you have there:-) I bet they taste as good as they look too!!

deb said...

Love her little hard working hands!!

Jill said...

This is so special - love it!

Judi said...

Nothing says fall like your pie photos!