Wednesday, January 23, 2013

refashioned jewelry


Don't you just love my new earrings? Well, they didn't start out like this.

Just so you know, I don't create or make my own jewelry. But then, in a way, I sorta do. More like re-creating a piece of jewelry, by adding my own personal, artistic bent and customizing to my liking. 


For instance, I found these earrings at my little thrift store for 50 cents. The style and design did nothing for me. But the hammered metal sure did. Cuz you know how much I love anything hammered.


So I took them home, got out my trusty needle-nose plier, removed the black bead and reconnected the hammered piece. 
Ta-da! Perfect. And just my style. 

I will buy pieces of damaged jewelry on clearance, or at yard sales and thrift stores and refashion the pieces to my liking. Transforming a sad, dilapidated piece of jewelry into a signature, one-of-a-kind fashion statement, and paying next to nothing... well, it's a win-win. 

Linking up to ~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this! I've done the same thing with earrings that ended up being too heavy when I got them home. I use my jewelry-making pliers ALL THE TIME to fix or alter my jewelry! I think everybody should have a set!