Friday, August 25, 2017

38th Wedding Anniversary


Once Upon A Time ~
we met at a concert ministry in Phoenix ~ we dated 6 months/ engaged 6 months ~ he asked me to marry him at the end of the runway at Luke AFB watching fighter jets take off ~ so sweet and romantic ~ our wedding was at 2pm August 25th, 1979 ~ at Mission Drive Baptist Church in Phoenix ~ my gown cost $100 from Diamonds on Central ~ Randy wrote the music for our wedding and sang one of the songs to me ~ he thought I'd cry, I didn't, but he did ~ my Dad gave me away ~ my Mom made ham & cheese sandwiches for the reception ~ my sister Ginny and friend Linda were my bridesmaids ~ my sister Kathy made the bridesmaids dresses ~ my 10 year old brother Kevin lit the candles ~ that's when I cried ~ Randy's brother Barry was the photographer ~ my sister-in-law played How Great Though Art on the piano ~ my wedding ring was Randy's Mamaw's wedding band (from July 14th, 1914) ~ we gave a little concert and opened our gifts at our reception ~ we received 3 decoupaged plagues of our wedding invitation ~ so we hung one in every room ~ our friend Bobby decorated Randy's '69 Dodge Charger ~ we honeymooned in Disneyland ~ we literally ran from ride-to-ride ~ best day ever! ~ the entire wedding cost $600 and I still have every receipt. If I could do it over, I wouldn't change a thing. 

Disneyland anniversary trip ~ 2010
And we lived happily ever after ~ 
in sickness and in health ~ till Jesus takes us home. 
The end.


No comments: