Monday, March 10, 2008

Longaberger


Yesterday I stopped at an Estate Sale. Ok, for one thing, it's Sunday. I don't bother saling on Sundays. Everything is usually all picked over anyway. But an Estate Sale that has been going on for quite a few days... come on, what could possibly be left? Umm, well... like the mother lode of Longaberger loveliness!! Seriously, I hit the jack pot!

As I was getting out of my van, the lady yells that everything is half-off the sticker price. I immediately eye the four Longaberger baskets and proceed to knock over a couple kids that are in my way. (just kidding!) I make my way over to quickly glance at the prices. Let me just say, I would have paid the sticker prices. So I start to freak out... discreetly, mind you. I don't want to act like I am excited or anything.
So I end up getting ALL four baskets for... $15.00!!! You heard me right! FIFTEEN DOLLARS!
I happen to own two other Longaberger baskets. One I paid a quarter for, the other full price. So I think I can safely say that I have a little collection going on here. Mmm, pretty sweet!


For all you Longaberger buffs... the Generation basket is from 1998... the other three are from '92, '91 & '94. Again, pretty dang sweet!
More Longaberger info here and here.

7 comments:

Essential Oil Premier University said...

Well Linda, I'd say you certainly hit the mother-load for sure. I only have one basket that I bought at a garage sale for .50. It has a wooden lid with a bear on it. Don't know what it's worth, but it looks fantastic displayed at our cottage upnorth.

Blessings,

Sher

Lori said...

WOW! I bet I could never find even one here for $15! Great deal! Lori

Sandy said...

Love the baskets, girl! But my problem w/baskets is - I have too many of them. So they hang in my garage ... LOL.

Unknown said...

Wow, Linda! That is a jackpot for sure! I'm so proud of you. LOL :D

NanAZ said...

Wow, pretty awesome! I have several of them and most of them I paid alot more for.

Linda said...

Just found my way over to your site...wanted to check and see who just won the great book from Sandy.

Had to leave a comment...my daughter is a freshman at ASU and I know right were the Urban Outfitters is located. I love the cute little stores and resturants(did I spell that right?) in that area.

Tempe seems like a nice place to live but just don't know if I could take that crazy hot weather. It gets very hot where I live in CA but not quite as hot as you have it there.

Sandy said you just became a grandmother...congrats!

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Good for you. I am a basketaholic and would have raced you for it if I would have seen them :)