Monday, April 19, 2010

Emolyn @ Mimi's


My granddaughter Emolyn really is the nicest little girl I have ever known. I'm serious, she is so kind and thoughtful and loving.
Well, she came over last week and I had more fun transforming the back patio into her playhouse area, with the focal point being the old pump that she thinks is way cool.


Emolyn loves water! So all I have to do is turn on the pump water feature and she will spend hours filling every container and then pouring water from one container to the other, all the while asking "Mimi, more water?" and I'll respond "Sure!" and she will beam with delight as she fills yet another container!


Makes me so happy to see her enjoying the pump that my Dad bought me and we hauled back here from Wisconsin. My Dad loved old pumps so now that he is gone, it is such a sweet remembrance of him.


Check out the wooden kitchen that I found at Goodwill a while back. It needs lots of work, but I figured we'd better finish up one kitchen renovation before tackling another :)


Emolyn's Mommy & Daddy are the best cooks, so it's only natural that she would pretend she's cooking up a storm.


Tyler was so excited to bring his friends over to meet his little niece. Tyler & Emolyn have the sweetest relationship. They simply adore each other.


Can't say that Emolyn feels the same about our dogs. Koda & Wiley actually get on her nerves, by getting in her way. So she will look at me and get all dramatic and say "oh Mimi, Emolyn Kate sceert of dogs!" And then she hugs me and I melt.
Oh I love her so much I could burst.

3 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

So cute Linda! That old wooden kitchen set is just perfect for her. And the pump, way cool!!! It's gorgeous here today, lows 70's and sunny and green as green can be. I am even liking my dandelions. hehe. Have a good week, Cindy

Lisa@End of the Lane said...

Emolyn is so cute. I can see how a hug from her would cause you to melt!
Lisa

Vivian said...

I can just imagine how fun this must be. I have to restrain myself from running to Goodwill to find kitchen things for my as yet non-existent granddaughter!